By Luke Richardson, Environmental Partnership Manager, Virgin Trains East Coast
The aim of this presentation is to share my approaches and outline the key learning points I have identified in securing successful bids and persuading directors, managers and operational staff to engage with energy and environment issues. Including:
- Knowing your organisation’s legislation, systems of work and funding criteria to define or restrict your approach to delivering energy projects.
- Understanding your organisation and its limitations to provide opportunities to re-assess your approach and gain buy-in from others in the organisation.
- Knowing when to refocus or halt your efforts.
- Tapping into existing partnerships and developing new ones.
- Using others in your team, empowered champions and persuading the right people at the right time to communicate the energy agenda.
- New legislation as a tool to reinvigorate your campaigns, revisit your business cases, bring in new recruits or up-skill existing team members.