How best to meet the green energy challenge
Theatre : Energy Future & Flexible Networks
The primary focus for most organisations at present is how best to deal with spiralling energy costs. But for many the need to respond to pressure from stakeholders and deliver on their carbon net zero commitments has not gone away. The first step will often be to source green energy from a sustainable source. However, supplies with credible Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin (REGO) certificates are tightening and are attracting a growing price premium. Many are also nervous of tying themselves in to long term Purchase Power Agreements with a direct linkage to a renewable asset. This is particularly challenging given the likely ongoing medium-term volatility in energy prices and uncertainty as to the economic outlook and the difficulty of effectively forecasting demand.
In this session the experts from Inenco will explain:
- Why all REGOs were not created equal
- What is the trend for green energy pricing premium?
- How to structure a PPA that best meets your corporate objectives
- How a new market for PPA linked energy trading is emerging
- Why relying on carbon offsetting is a bad idea
In essence the session will show you how to achieve a better business outcome but in a greener world.