Northern Gas and Power (NGP) has partnered with the award-winning visitor attraction the Alnwick Garden* to support them on saving energy costs and reducing carbon emissions.
NGP has worked with The Alnwick Garden to identify an energy deal which allows the visitor attraction to invest the money saved in its charitable programmes which include Elderberries, Young Gardeners and the Gentleman’s Gardening Club, to name a few.
With over 360,000 visitors per year, The Alnwick Garden is a leading visitor attraction in Northumberland. A “garden for the people”, visitors can enjoy The Duchess of Northumberland’s world-famous Poison Garden and the largest Treehouse in Europe.
NGP’s Corporate Business Development Manager, Danielle Leonard, said
“We are delighted to be working with such a prestigious attraction. Being able to help them better manage their energy means they can support their charitable ventures, which is great for the region.”
The Alnwick Garden Director, Mark Brassell, said
“As a registered charity running a number of award winning programmes and community initiatives, we have a duty of care to use funds wisely and this includes the Northern Gas and Powers energy saving deal, which has allowed the garden to maximise the reach of our community-based programmes.”
In addition to procurement, NGP supports businesses proactively plan their future energy costs through innovative new technology. Developing a close partnership has been paramount to help The Garden plan future budgets, save on energy bills and reduce emissions.
Mark Brassell continued
“The partnership has put the power back in our hands giving the team access to better energy deals to plan ahead. It’s all about avoiding high costs and reducing waste. Sustainability is high on our list.”
*North East Large Visitor Attraction 2018 – achieved Gold
Visit England 2018 Welcome Award – achieving 98% for their visitor welcome
- We are the UK’s leading energy management consultancy
- Today 365 people work at our global HQ Gateshead, and we’re growing!
- We’re one of the region’s fastest-growing companies – with revenues reaching £29m for the year ended 2018
- We employ 550 people worldwide – UK and Ireland, US, France, Malta, Singapore and India.
- In 2018 we contracted over 5.1 billion kilowatt-hours of energy for our customers – more than Tanzania’s entire energy consumption!
The Alnwick Garden
- The largest Treehouse in Europe that boasts a quirky The Potting Shed for gooey cakes, scones & sandwiches, much of it baked at The John Searcy Bakery on-site and the unique Treehouse Restaurant which is set high in the trees, with rope bridges and wooden walkways, yet has full disabled access.
- In The Garden, you’ll also find 50 double swinging chairs under the world’s largest Taihaku Cherry Tree orchard.